Monday, October 07, 2013

Founding Members


On this piece I re-touched part of my previous Legion artwork and made it into a new one, I'm doing my best to be economical about my free time for this Blog. I was also experimenting to see how would my characters look together. 
I redesign their outfits so they somewhat match the animated TV show version and they are from the same universe continuity. Saturn Girl looks different from my original the most, I kind of re-drew her a lot. I was wondering what would she look like in the animated style but with a giant pony tail.
Same BG I used for Ultra Boy,  I think it was made by Andree Wallin. I changed a few things, many things actually. I added a lot more elements to make it look different and match my characters. 
The original Legion of Super Heroes first appears in Adventure Comics #247 (April 1958), and was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino. Initially, the team was closely associated with the original Superboy (Superman when he was a teenager), and was first portrayed as a group of time travelers who frequently visited him,  Lightning BoySaturn Girl, and Cosmic Boy. In later years, the Legion's origin and back story were fleshed out, and the group was given prominence on par with Superboy's in a monthly comic.
Enjoy

No comments: