Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ultra Boy



Ultra Boy (Jo Nah of the planet Rimbor) is a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 30th and 31st centuries of the DC Universe. Ultra Boy gained his powers when the space-speedster he was flying was swallowed by an ultra-energy beast (a "space whale"), exposing him to radiation while inside. He has the powers of superhuman strength, flight, penetra-vision, flash vision, nvulnerability, and ultra-speed. All of these abilities seem to be at Kryptonian power levels, but he can only use one at a time. He has twice been elected as leader of the Legion. I thought this was such a cool character when I was a kid, specially because he also is a skilled actor. This skill helped him infiltrate criminal groups where he appeared to "go bad". I retouched a background by Andree Wallin and made it my own Legion Headquarters. Another late night but I'm so happy doing whatever I feel like drawing.

No comments: