Friday, October 11, 2013

Princess Projectra

That's right girl, talk to the hand! 
Created by Jim Shooter, she first appeared in Adventure Comics #346 (July 1966).
Projectra is a member of the royal family of the low-tech planet Orando, and possesses the superhuman ability to generate illusions affecting all five senses. During her membership in the LSH, she met, fell in love with, and married the martial artist Karate Kid. After her father King Voxv died, she fought her cousin Pharoxx and her mentor Hagga, who sought to usurp the throne. Afterward she became Queen Projectra of Orando, and she and Karate Kid became reserve members of the Legion of Super-Heroes. When the Legion of Super-Villains invaded Orando, Nemesis Kid defeated Karate Kid in personal combat and killed him. Projectra subsequently killed Nemesis Kid in revenge, claiming royal privilege to do so even though it violated the Legion's code against killing. She resigned from the Legion of Super-Heroes during Karate Kid's funeral and used the Legion of Super-Villains' warp devices to take Orando to another dimension to preserve them from 30th century technology and dangers. I'm not even going to mention the post Zero hour Reboot or the Threeboot or the Post Infinity Crisis. 
All thou I may take a crack at Sensor Girl one day. The BG was done by Aigik, I modified it a little.
I was amazed by a Legion fan who contacted me in regards of my previous post and share some extra info about the character. Thanks to that I updated Crystal Kid's post. It's good to know some people actually take their time to read my posts. "Excelsior"
I realized the Legion fans are a Legion of their own, I didn't know they were so many. It feels good to know I'm not alone! 
I think I'm going to draw Power Boy next...


No comments: