Thursday, January 30, 2014

Urk


Urk is a former member of the Legion of Substitute Heroes and a current member of the Legion Academy. Very little is known about Urk even though he has been appearing in various Legion of Superheroes comics for almost thirty years, except this mischievous alien loves to chew on wires. The only readable word Urk has ever said is "Urk." He has also spoken an unreadable alien language, though. The BG, Sci-Fi Interior by Mark Yang was the perfect choice for a wire chewing alien. Special thanks to CA for the info on Urk, much appreciated. I believe now that I've done most of Substitute Heroes an upgraded group shot it's in order... I'm sure by now someone noticed I've been drawing nothing by ugly and obscure characters. Well, that's what happens when you get the cool and sexy ones done first. I'm still having a blast finding new challenging ways to make ugly characters look cool the best that I can. Staying "somewhat" faithful to the original comic book design it's a must for my personal taste. No worries I'll keep em' coming until I'm done with ALL of them.
Long live the Legion.

No comments: