Monday, February 11, 2008

Hawkgirl


I never liked what the producers did with Hawkgirl in the JLU cartoon universe.
The whole love affair thing with GL was kind of unnecessary, besides it didn't have anything to do with the comics. And what about Hawkman?
If you ask me, I think whoever was responsible for that worked themselves into a dead end with those two episodes about Carter Hall, trying to make sense out of their own creation. Sometimes the whole "alternative" or "parallel" universe thing could be an easy way out from being faithful to the original comic book, and perhaps fans like myself may have a more difficult time liking it.
I even started to dislike the character after what they did with it. I was very happy to design a model of Hawkgirl being electrocuted for an episode.

No comments: