Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blast Off

Jahr-Drake Ningle (Post-Zero Hour). Blast Off was a member of Leland McCauley's Workforce. 
He and Atom'x of the Uncanny Amazers died in the battle fighting Mordru.
Blast Off was later discovered to live on as a gestalt energy form and joined the Legion as Drake Burroughs aka Wildfire.
I've spent some time on this BG and the fire fx. It was difficult to find reference for this character. Nevertheless, I always enjoy bringing to life classic characters from long ago and doing my contemporary take on them. 
Incidentally, I often go comics shopping at Blastoff, that's the name of a really good comic book store in North Hollywood. Here is the link to the store's Facebook page:        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blastoff-Comics/225861877482304
Anyhow, have a great weekend.

2 comments:

David said...

As usual very well done...just one thing; "Blastoff", was not Caucasian.

Tommy T said...

Thank you, David.
When I drew this character I only found one image as reference, the color was obviously incorrect.
I fixed it a little, I hope is more accurate. Thanks for pointing that out.